Slow Food Indy launched its Snail of Approval program in 2012 to showcase the chefs and restaurants that are committed to good, clean and fair food. The program added grocers and artisanal products in 2015, and farms in 2016. In 2017, it will expand to include beverage producers.
Support Snail of Approval businesses with your food dollars, and tell Slow Food Indy about your experiences by mentioning @slowfoodindy and tagging #SnailofApproval on social media.
How to become an Honoree:
Snail of Approval businesses complete an application to self-report things like:
- Seasonal ingredients or menus
- Local, sustainable product sourcing
- Green business practices like composting or recycling
- Humane treatment of people and animals
- Investment in fair labor practices
Slow Food Indy selects the most qualified applicants and awards the Snail of Approval throughout the year. Recipients re-apply for the award bi-annually to ensure an on-going commitment to good, clean and fair food.