The Slow Food Indy board is a working board that organizes and implements all of the chapter’s activities and supports the international mission regarding slow food practices.
Applications for open seats on the Slow Food Indy board of directors are now being accepted.
- Snail of Approval Chair
- Finance Chair
ALL INTERESTED – please email our board chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board members are expected to:
- Serve as an engaged member of the Slow Food Indy board attending monthly meetings to plan organizational activities and priorities
- Attend Slow Food Indy events as a volunteer and participant
- Volunteer as needed to assist in activities, events, fundraising, etc.
Please consider the following criteria:
- If you are not familiar with Slow Food Indy, please read about the values of Good, Clean, and Fair as it relates to our mission. You may also wish to read up on Slow Food USA and Slow Food International to understand the organization.
- Slow Food Indy is an all volunteer organization with a working board. As there are no paid staff, the organization is sustained only by the work of the board members, committees, and volunteers.
- Board members should anticipate being engaged. Engagement on our board is defined as attending the once a month board meetings, not missing more than three per year, and being responsive to internal communications within a 1-2 day time period.
- You do not have to consider yourself a home chef or even a foodie to apply. While chefs and farmers are welcome and much needed on the board, we have opportunities for those from other backgrounds who have a strong interest in helping to advance the Slow Food mission.